Diaper changing might seem complicated at first. But with a little practice, you’ll find that keeping your baby high and dry is easy. Make sure your supplies are all within reach as even newborns can surprise parents with their ability to roll.
- First pick your baby up and keep him/her on dry place so that he/she don’t feel wet while you changing the diaper.
- Undo the sticky tabs and close them so they don’t stick on the baby and you can reuse them to wrap up the dirty diaper when finished.
- As you undo the dirty diaper and pull it down, use it to wipe off as much poop as you can. Grab your baby by the ankles, firmly but gently, and lift his bottom up so you have full access to his backside and grab a and wipe baby down.
- Clean your baby’s bottom area thoroughly, using multiple wipes if necessary. To prevent diaper rash, let the area dry completely and then you can apply lotion or powder.
- Lift your baby’s leg up and place the new diaper, tab side first under your baby’s bottom. Bring it up between his legs and fasten it on either side with the tape tabs. (Note: Diaper should not be very tight)
- When diaper is changed, make sure you also Change the wet bed sheet and then wash your hands properly with soap.