The common cold is especially common during the changing of seasons. So, it would be helpful for you to know how to keep your children away from it. Your Child can catch cold through siblings, parents or any other family members by direct contact, indirect contact or germs through the air.
As child’s immune system is still not maturecatching cold is very common. If the little one is experiencing diarrhea or vomiting alongside of a , it is more likely to be other viral illness. In those situations, it is best to consult a pediatrician.
Colds can be spread by shared towels and cups in the bathroom. When someone in the house is sick, consider switching to paper products for a week. Keep family toothbrushes separate, particularly when someone in the family gets sick.
- With New Born:
- Wash your hands frequently before and after feeding your baby and even before and after changing your baby’s diaper.
- Keep newborns away from anyone who is sick.
- If possible, avoid crowds and using public transportation with newborns.
- Do cover your child with warm blanket and warm cloths including cap, gloves and Socks or shoes too.
- With Young Ones:
- Do Wash Hands as 80% of infectious diseases are spread by touch.
- When you are out, cover your child properly and use hand sanitizers or hand wipes that are alcohol-based if soap and water are not available. Alcohol helps kill germs.
- Cover nose and mouth, always keep a tissues for yourself and your child.
- If possible wash your child’s toys to keep him/her safe from germs.
- Fluids – For babies, stick to breast milk or formula for those younger than 6 months.For children older than 12 months, try water, diluted juice, and milk, just make sure children stay hydrated.
- Warm Bath – Warm moist air is an effective symptom reliever. Immersing your child in a tub of warm water works well in reducing temperature.
- Hot Soup- Bowl of hot taste soup (chicken or vegetable) can help you child to get well soon. Good thing about Soup is, whether it’s homemade or store bought makes no difference.
- Garlic and Honey are some of the other good remedies for cold.
- Most Important “a good sleep”. Sleep is truly a great medicine; keeps healthy in good times and heals when sick.